Sadly, yet another diving event has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic – Vobster Quay's TEKCamp 2020 has been postponed until next year.
Amy and Martin Stanton put out a message on social media:
It is with regret that we have had to take the unfortunate decision to postpone TEKCamp 2020 to next year. We now plan to run it from Monday 6 to Thursday 9 September 2021.
This has not been an easy decision to make but we believe it is the right thing to do in the current climate of uncertainly that COVID-19 has created. Even though we feel confident that Vobster Quay will be open for diving by September of this year, organising an event like TEKCamp requires many, many months of organisation to make it the success that it has become over the years.
Above all, though, the safety of our attendees and instructors always come first, and the changes that we would have to make in regard to teaching and coaching students will take a significant amount of time and effort that we will sadly will not have. We strongly believe that unless we can guarantee the safety of all attendees and continue to deliver a world-class event that delivers the very best value for money and enjoyment for all involved, the best course of action was to push the event back to next 2021.
Please stay safe and take care, and dive safely wherever you are.
From Amy, Martin and the Vobster Quay TEKCamp Team