What to Pack for Raja Ampat
You have planned your trip, booked your dream vacation and now it is time to pack!
Traveling to the remote islands of Raja Ampat from countries outside of Asia can be quite a trip and can even extend to 2 days of traveling, so it is important to keep that in mind when packing your carry on as well. You will also jump from one plane to the next and travel from taxi to ferry – so best to keep your luggage light and easy to handle.
ON THE PLANE – Ensure you dress comfortably and have a jacket at hand since it can get cold in the airplanes. In your carry-on pack an extra shirt/dress, underwear, shoes, and small toiletries to keep refreshed throughout the long hours of travel.
MANDATORY – Passport, Money (cash) for VISA on arrival – applies to your country, Dive Insurance, Dive Certification Cards and Prescription and allergy medication.
QUICK LIST OF THE MOST ESSENTIAL THINGS WE RECOMMEND YOU DO NOT FORGET:
- Waterproof dry bag to put your valuables in when going on a dive trip.
- Refillable water bottle – We have installed Vulcan and Reverse Osmosis drinking water systems in the resort, so all the water in the service facility is potable. By refilling the water dispensers onsite and your water bottles with fresh water, we are making a small but positive contribution towards reducing the negative impact on our environment, the creatures in it, as well as our bodies.
- Reef Safe sunscreen – Bring only sunscreen that is proven to be safe for our marine life. This includes sunscreen that does not include ingredients such as oxybenzone, homosalate, octinoxate and octisalate. These ingredients inhibit the growth of baby corals and kills coral polyps.
- After Sun Lotion (Raja Ampat is on the equator and the sunrays are very dangerous)
- A sun hat and/or Buffs – UV protection BUFFS is the ideal accessory for all activities out on the ocean, to not only protect your skin from getting sunburnt – but also to absorb sweat away from your skin faster.
- Polarised sunglasses will allow better viewing of reefs and marine life
- Rashguard for when you go snorkelling
- Good walking shoes for going hiking
About Meridian Adventure Dive
Situated in Raja Ampat, Indonesia, Meridian Adventure Dive is a PADI 5 Star Resort and winner of the PADI Green Star award. Scuba divers enjoy our professional services that have become synonymous with both the PADI and Meridian Adventure names.