Packing Tips for Raja Ampat
You have planned your trip and booked your dream vacation, and now it is time to pack!
Travelling to the remote islands of Raja Ampat from countries outside of Asia can be quite a trip and can even extend to 2 days of travelling, so it is essential to keep that in mind when packing your carry-on. You will also jump from one plane to the next and travel from taxi to ferry, so keeping your luggage light and easy to handle is best.
Wear a jacket comfortably on the plane since the aeroplanes can get cold. In your carry-on pack, an extra shirt/dress, underwear, shoes, and small toiletries will keep you refreshed throughout the long hours of travel.
Mandatory – Passport, Money (cash) for VISA on arrival – applies to your country, Dive Insurance, Dive Certification Cards and Prescription and allergy medication.
Here is a quick list of the essentials we recommend you don’t forget:
– Waterproof dry bag to put your valuables in on a dive trip.
– Refillable water bottle – We have installed Vulcan and Reverse Osmosis drinking water systems in the resort, so all the water in the service facility is potable. By refilling the water dispensers onsite and your water bottles with fresh water, we are making a small but positive contribution towards reducing the negative impact on our environment, the creatures in it, and our bodies.
– Reef Safe sunscreen – Bring only sunscreen that is safe for our marine life. This includes sunscreen that does not contain ingredients such as oxybenzone, homosalate, octinoxate and octisalate. These ingredients inhibit the growth of baby corals and kill coral polyps.
– After Sun Lotion (Raja Ampat is on the equator, and the sun rays are very dangerous)
– A sun hat and Buffs – UV protection BUFFS is the ideal accessory for all activities out on the ocean to protect your skin from getting sunburnt and absorb sweat away from your skin faster.
– Polarised sunglasses will allow better viewing of reefs and marine life
– Rashguard for when you go snorkelling
– Good walking shoes for going hiking
About Meridian Adventure Dive
Situated in Raja Ampat, Indonesia, Meridian Adventure Dive is a PADI 5 Star Resort and winner of the PADI Green Star award. Scuba divers enjoy our professional services that have become synonymous with both the PADI and Meridian Adventure names.