Aliquam Present Scuba Diving Stories
There are few experiences in life that can transform a person more than entering the ocean. From the moment a child sets foot in the water through to an adult submerging themselves, the experience is transformative, even in some cases life changing.
One would think that these experiences are so well documented that they are readily available to all to be inspired by. Though for some reason in this digital age, we are overrun with ocean films that are focussed on conservation and the negativity that exists surrounding oceans and saving the planet.
So hence the basis for Aliquam was born. The most effective way to make a difference is to become aware, to make people aware. The most proven way to make people aware is through having fun.
By creating a series of short films that highlight the sheer enjoyment and wonder they get from experiencing the world below the waves, there then becomes a portal of inspiration to inspire others to do the same.
Sydney’s Northern Beaches, from Manly to Palm Beach are one of the most iconic and stunning stretches of coastline on the planet. We join Lachlan Walmsley, Dive Instructor, as he explores the oceans off shore, through the eyes and narrative of its locals. Discovering the shear pleasures of diving below the surface.
In each short film we meet every day people that have allowed the oceans to change their lives and discover the magic that they see on a regular basis.
Lisa Q & A
* I’m 51 and have been married for a very long time
* learnt to dive 20 yrs ago but got back into it about 4 years ago and am qualified to 40 metres
* I’ve worked as a criminal lawyer for 30 years. My cases are pretty stressful and range from Murder, Terrorism, serious assaults down to drink driving.
* I specialise in indigenous law and human rights and often act for families whose loved ones have been killed or injured in custody by police and corrective services
* I used to work about 60-70 hours a week, but have been trying to take fridays off and reduce my hours and stress
* I dive as it’s the one place I can be free from phones and people talking and the interaction with the sea and it’s creatures is very calming
* Don’t know what I’d do if I didn’t dive 🤿
An Anthony Gordon Film
For more amazing Scuba Diving Films try