Underwater photographers can now get their hands on the SEA&SEA MDX-R underwater housing for Canon EOS R full-frame, mirrorless digital cameras.
The brand recently announced that it’s available for purchase.
The new, optional Optical YS Converter C/R (a temporary name as they’re currently developing new firmware) that converts the camera’s hot-shoe TTL signal into an LED light signal is available. With the converter, both TTL and manual exposure photography are possible.
The Focus/Zoom dial has two gears, one of which is dedicated for RF mount lenses.
The MDX-R is compatible with the system chart for the MDX series SLR housings. You can utilise EF mount lenses with the mount adapter and ports or gears for the MDX series housings.
A window for the camera’s upper control panel is also incorporated. As brightness of the camera’s upper control panel has increased, the visibility is now considerably improved. Photographers can also conveniently switch lenses and ports between dives without removing the housing back. This is done by activating the Port Lock on the front of the housing and pushing the Lens Release for a quick and easy lens swap.
Full spec as follows:
– Equipped with two (2) Fiber-Optic Cable Sockets
– Equipped with one (1) N-Type (2-pin) connector
– Equipped with two (2) Sacrificial Zinc Diodes (front/rear)
– Built-In Leak Detector Sensor
– Luminescent Buttons: Glow in the dark controls, levers, and buttons.
– Body: Corrosion-Resistant Aluminum Alloy (machined)
– Grip: Corrosion-Resistant Die-Cast Aluminum Alloy
– Depth Rating: 100m / 330ft
– Dim. (WxHxD): 342 x 174 x 159 mm / 13.5 x 6.9 x 6.3 inch
– Weight: Approx. 2,900g / 102oz (housing only)
– Compatible with SEA&SEA Strobes, Sea Arm 8, Fiber-Optic Cable II, Electronic Sync Cords, Leak Sentinel (Vacuum Pump System)
The housing retails for US$3,495.95/3,054 Euros. Visit the SEA&SEA website for more details.