Stuck at home, bored, isolated, in quarantine and looking to add some fun – well there has never been a better time, below are 3 Marine Ecology Courses you might like to take.
Volivoli Beach Resort, Fiji's Premier Dive Resort is on hand to help and is running a range of exciting and informative Marine Ecology courses that you can complete at home in the safety and comfort of your own home without any need for face-to-face contact. With that said of course their team of experts are on hand and ready to help 24/7.
Everyone loves TURTLES……..right?
Enrol in our SEA TURTLE ECOLOGY course to discover:
- Different types of sea turtles (do you know how many there are?)
- How to easily identify different species of sea turtles
- How old they date back (some over 100-million years
- Mating and breeding inc. nests, eggs and hatching (do you know what ‘thermal inhibition‘ is?)
- Swimming and migrating patterns (did you know sea turtles need freshwater?)
- Threats and conservation (did you know all sea turtles are either endangered or threatened?)
- ……………..and so much more
Enroll in our MANTA and RAY ECOLOGY course to discover:
- Rays are also known as batoids?
- A rays skeleton is made from cartilage just like a shark
- Some rays can live in water 3,000-meters (10,000-feet) deep
- How to identify a ‘cleaning station’
- Some rays can produce electric current up to 220-volts?
- Do you know what they use this for?
- How many species of manta rays there are
- A fully grown manta ray can consume up to 27kgs (60lbs) of food a day
- How to safely and responsibly interact with manta rays
- Smart ecotourism practices
- ………………..and so much more
SHARK……..friend or foe?
Enroll in our SHARK ECOLOGY course to gain an understanding of:
- The living order of sharks
- If sharks fish are
- How we know the word shark dates back to the 1560’s
- If a whaleshark is a shark or a whale?
- What a sharks largest organ is
- Why a female shark has up to 3 to 4 times thicker skin than male sharks
- What is a sharks strongest sense
- Hearing, smell or vision?
- The difference between ‘ram ventelators’ and ‘buccal pharyngeal pumpers’
- What % of its body weight do ‘active sharks’ need to consume per day?
- Most sharks have 5-gills, whilst some have 6 or even 7
- ………………..and so much more
All of these courses are fun, educational, full of interesting facts, and suitable for anyone, diver or non-diver alike, with an interest in the marine environment.
To register, enrol or for more information simply contact Fiji's Premier Dive Resort via email at email@example.com and we can have you underway today!
Our team is also on standby to help with your next Fijian dive holiday to explore Fiji's # 1 Dive Region – the incredible Bligh Water, known as the ‘soft coral capital of the world' and we hope to see you soon.
Want more conservation-related articles?